Health services in governmental hospitals in the capital governorate
Keywords:Governmental Hospitals, Medical Care, Medical Staff, Quality of Health Services
The study aimed to assess the health services in the governmental hospitals in the capital of Jordan, and recognize the reality of health services and the most important weaknesses related to limited medical staff, limited nursing staff, lack of medical supplies, lack of modern medical devices, the length of patients waiting periods, the treated patients and clients manner from the perspective of patients. This study relied on analytical descriptive approach through questionnaire distributed on 682 patients. The study found that there are several weaknesses in health care services at hospitals. The most significant weakness was the limited of medical and nursing staff. The numbers of doctors and nurses do not fit with the number of patients at hospitals, and the hospitals do not have alternative specialist in case of the absence of a doctor in a particular specialty. The study also pointed to inadequate of medical supplies permanently, and there is a lack in the presence of modern and advanced medical devices that forcing to transfer some patients to other hospitals, and the results also indicated that patients waiting periods was one of the biggest problems, which may expose patients to risk.
- Abu Rmman, Asaad Hamed and Aldue jeh. 2000, “Tourism and Hospitality Marketing”, Dar Al Hamed for publishing. 1st print Amman, Jordan.
- Al Ahmadi, Hanan Abdul Raheem, 2000. Continuous development for Quality, The concept and the implementation in health organizations, Journal of public administration, 40(3)
- Al Ahmadi, Talal bin Ayed. 2009, The evaluation of health services performance In Kingdome of Saudi Arabia. Research delivered at international conference for administration development. “ Towards excellence performance in public sector, Reyad, Kingdome of Saudi Arabia Nov. 1-4
- Al Assaf, Assaf. 1994, The concept of quality in health services. University Researches foundation. Amman, Jordan.
- Al Assaf, Majd Aref, the directions of clients towards services in outpatient at public and private hospitals. Unpublished Master thesis. University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan.
- Al Dmour and Boqjani. 2012, The effect of health services quality in term of patients loyalty at university hospital - Case study. Mutah Journal for studies and research.27(3).
- Al Dustour Journal, No 23 Aug, 2015. http://www.addustour.com, Access date 10/7/2016.
- Al harrawi, Ahmad. 2016, Complains from jam in internist clinic at Al Nadim hospital. Al Dustour Journal,. July 24 ,2016.
- Al Rawashdeh, Firas and Al Smadi, Ziad, 2010,”The evaluation of health services from the perspective of the health insurance beneficiaries in Jordan”. Journal of business management. 6(4).
- Al Samerrai’e, Munir Jasem. 2000, The pricing of health services with focusing on dental services. High diploma in hospital management, Faculty of administration and eceonomic. Baghdad, Iraq, 11-23.
- Al shawarbeh, Imran. 2014, Spending 900 million JDs on health and complains from bad services. Al Ghad Journal, Published on 9/11/2014.
- Albakri, Thamer. 2005, Marketing of Health services, Dar Al Yazori for publishing. Amman, Jordan: 87-223.
- Bushnell , David ,S Miched B. Halus" (1992), " TQM in the public Sector: Strategies for Quality Service National productivity . Review"11(3) Summer.1992.
- Ghose, Seetesh& Adhish, S. (2011), Patient Satisfaction With Medical Services: A Hospital-Based Study, Health and Population Perspectives and Issues.
- Kotler , Philip, and N. Clark Reporta,(2006),’’ Marketing for healthcare organization’’, Newjersy, Pentair Hall, 44-18
- Mansour, Hussein. 2006, health services delivered for inpatients at public hospitals in Irbid-Jordan. Al Manarah Journal, 13(1).
- Musleh, Ateyyah, 2009. Measuring of service quality from the perspective for employees and patients at hospitals in Qalqilyah. Open Quds university, Qalqilyah, Palestine.
- Nusairat, Farid, 2004. Management of heal care organization. Amman Jordan.
- Palmer, A., (1994),’’ Principles of Services marketing,, ,The McGraw – Hill co., p. (173 – 181).
- Raheem, Ahmed, Nawaz, Ahmad, Fouzia, Nasir and Imamuddin, Khoso (2014), Patients’ Satisfaction and Quality Health Services: An Investigation from Private Hospitals of Karachi, Pakistan, Research Journal of Recent Sciences, Vol. 3.
- Ramez, Wathek (2012), Patients' Perception of Health Care Quality, Satisfaction and Behavioral Intention: An Empirical Study in Bahrain, International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 3 No. 18.
- Report of independent corporation for human rights. 2015. ichr.ps/attachment/467/Report%20on%20Financial%20Assistance.pdf Access date 1/1/2017
- Sekaran, U. 2003. Research Methods for Business, John Wiley and Sons.
- Sultan, Wafa’, the dimensions of health services quality from the perspective of beneficiaries. Empirical study in private hospitals in Basrah. --
- The Journal of administration and economic. Basrah, Iraq, 5(10).