The significance, role and development prospects of non-profit organizations in the Baltic States, using the example of Estonia
Keywords:Non-profit organizations, civil society, the third sector
The non-profit organizations in the economy of any country play a significant role. However, the lack of proper information on the availability of non-profit organizations, specificity of their activity, in-depth research about the necessity of their creation, the mission of already founded and successfully operating, does not allow to evaluate the role and significance of these organizations, both for society and economy of the country.
The empirical researches, the study of problems will allow to determine the reasons and necessity of creation of non-profit organizations, prospects of their development, role and significance for the civil society in the Baltic States.
As an example, was carried out an in-depth analysis of state of non-profit organizations in Estonia, as one of the Baltic States.
2. Network of Estonian Nonprofit Organizations, NENO (or EMSL in Estonian) - http://www.ngo.ee/ngo/210/article/8149
3. Register of Estonian companies - http://www2.rik.ee/rikstatfailid/failid/tabel.php?url=14_01mk.htm
4. The official web site of Estonian statistic - http://www.stat.ee/ppe-46953
5. The official web page of Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Estonia http://www.sisemin.gov.ee/atp/index.php?id=5637
6. official web page of Youth Association "Open Republic" - http://www.or.ee/1082
7. The official web page of the Integration and Migration Foundation Our People (MISA) - http://www.meis.ee/rus-avaleht
8. The official web page of the project "Let's do it 2009" - http://www.darom09.lt/
9. Estonian Civil Society Development Concept. – URL: http://www.ngo.ee/node/1090