Analysis of the Current State of Online Reputation of Public Institutions and the Possibilities of Its Improvement
Keywords:online reputation, sentiment, public institution, marketing
The article deals with the issue of reputation, especially with the focus on a current phenomenon of reputation in the digital world of the Internet - online reputation - of selected public institutions operating in the domestic market. Sentiments of specifically selected twenty public universities and colleges are rated in two dimensions: virtual and real. The primary aim of this article is to investigate the existence of a statistically significant correlation between reputation of researched subjects in the real and virtual world. In conclusion paper presents options and recommendations for optimizing virtual reputation and highlights the differences of perception of reputation in the traditional and in the virtual market by understanding the differences between factors affecting traditional reputation and factors affecting reputation in digital world.
2. H. Marsden, Guard Your Reputation On-line. Birmingham: Smartebookshop (2013).
3. R. Haywood, Manage Your Reputation: How to Plan Public Relations to Build & Protect the Organization´s Most Powerful Asset. London: Kogan Page Publishers (2002).
4. A. Griffin, New Strategies for Reputation Management: Gaining Control of Issues, Crises & Corporate Social Responsibility. London: Kogan Page Publishers (2008).
5. J. Balmer, and S. Greyser, Revealing the Corporation: Perspectives on Identity, Image, Reputation, Corporate Branding and Corporate-level Marketing, Oxford: Routledge (2003).
6. S. Helm, K. Liehr-Gobbers, and Ch. Storck, Reputation Management. Berlin: Springer-Verlag (2011).
7. P. Gottschalk, Corporate Social Responsibility, Fovernance and Corporate Reputation. USA: World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. (2011).
8. D. A. Shore, The Trust Prescription for Healthcare: Building Your Reputation with Consumers. USA: Health Administration Press (2005).
9. M. Armstrong, Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice, 10th ed., Prague Grada Publishing, (2007).
10. M. Tavakolifard, On Some challenges for On-line Trust and Reputation Systems (2012) <http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:548911/FULLTEXT02>
11. D. Gambetta, “Can We Trust Trust? ” (2000) [doi: 10.1.1.24.5695].
12. A. Jøsang, R. Ismail, and C. Boyd, “Survey of Trust and Reputation Systems for On-line Service Provision,” in QUT ePrints (2006) <http://eprints.qut.edu.au/7280/1/7280.pdf>
13. J. Sabater, and C. Sierra, Review on Computational Trust and Reputation Models. (2003) <http://www.iiia.csic.es/~sierra/articles/2005/SabaterSierra.pdf>
14. G. Leboff, Sticky marketing – Jak zaujmout, získat a udržtet si zákazníky. Prague Management Press (2011).
15. I. Smaiziene, and R. Jucevicius, “Corporate Reputation: Multidisciplinary Richness and Search for a Relevant Definition, ” in Inzinerine Ekonomika-Engineering Economics. 91-101 (2009).
16. K.T. Jackson, Building Reputational Capital: Strategies for Integrity and Fair Play that Improve the Bottom Line. USA: Oxford University Press (2004).
17. C. Fill, Marketing Communications: Interactivity, Communities and Content, 5th ed. UK: Pearson Education Ltd. (2009).
18. R. Roháľ, and J. Sasko, Analýza sentimentu výsledkov slovenských firiem. Visibility s.r.o. (2011) <http://www.reputation.sk/whitepapers/Analyza_sentimentu_ re-putation_sk.pdf>
19. C. J. Fombrun, and C. B. Foss, “The Reputation Quotient, Part 1: Developing a Reputation Quotient,” (2001) <http://www.reputationinstitute.com/frames/press/01_15_14_GUAGE.pdf>
20. G. Walsh, and S. Beatty, “Customer-based Corporate Reputation of a Service Firm, ” in Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol 35, No 1, 127-143 (2007).
21. R. J. Burke, and C. L. Cooper, Corporate Reputation: Managing Opportunities and Threats, UK: Gower Publishing Ltd. (2011).
22. A. Siano, A. Vollero, and M. Pallazo, “Exploring the Role of On-line Consumer Empowerment, ” in Reputation Building: Research Questions and Hypotheses. (2011) <http://www.academia.edu/1096337/Exploring_the_role_of_on-line_consumer_empowerment_in_reputation_building_Research_questions_and_hypotheses>
23. T. Henning-Thueau, K. P. Gwinner, G. Walsch, and D.D. Glemler, “Electronic Word-of-mouth Via Consumer-opinion Platforms: What Motivates Consumers to Articulate Themselves on the Internet? ” (2004) < http://www.gremler.net/personal/research/2004_Electronic_WOM_JIM.pdf>
24. J. Loayza, The Beginner’s Guide to Reputation Management: 8 Core Principles of Reputation Management. (2013) <http://reputationhacks.com/guide-to-reputation-management-3-8-core-principles/>
25. Academic Ranking and Rating Agency (ARRA), Hodnotenie fakúlt vysokých škôl 2013, (2013) <http://www.arra.sk /ranking-2013>