Jordanians’ youth Fears and their Relationship to Some Variables
The present study aims at identifying the fears of Jordanian youth. The sample included (255) young male and female. The study tool validity was confirmed by using the coefficient of internal consistency of(0.94). The results indicated that the total average mean of the degree of fear among Jordanian youth reached (3.15) and by percentage of (63%). In addition, there were statistically significant differences in the level of fearamong the youth related to the gender variable (males and females) at the level of alpha (α = 0.05),in favor forfemales. There were statistically significant differences at the level of (α = 0.05) between self-fears and social fears, and favor of the social fears, while there were no statistically significant differences attributed to the variable of age and the institution of education. Further, the researcher recommends conducting further studies that addressing the youth needs and psychological pressures, and building a training programs and guidance;in order to face those fears.
2. Abu-Nasr, M, Mahmoud.(2013). Social Service and Youth Welfare, 1, Makkah Al Mutanabi, Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
3. Al-Bahi, Z,Moawad. (2009). The Family Environment and Meeting the Contemporary Challenges of Youth, Research published in the 20th Syrian Scientific Conference, Faculty of Social Work, Fayoum University, May 7.
4. Al-Fawwal, M, k hair.(2006). Resist fear and individual behavior in children. (Philadelphia 11th International Conference, Fear Culture), Faculty of Education, University of Damascus, Syria 24-26 April.
5. Al-Rifa'i, N. (1985). Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Part II, Trends in Psychological Outline, The Cooperative Printer, Damascus.
6. Al-Sarhan, M, Qasham. (2000). Communication skills among young people. Youth Education Series. (34) Issued by the Ministry of Youth and Sports in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
7. Al-Sha'rawi, A, Muhammad Gad. (1988). The sense of alienation and its relation to the various mental and non-mental variables among university students, Master Thesis, Faculty of Education, Mansouri University.
8. Al-Ghafri, N. (2013). Irrational Thoughts and its Relation to Social Fear among Students of Faculties of Applied Sciences in the Sultanate of Oman, Master's Thesis, University of Nizwa, Sultanate of Oman.
9. ALhabes, F &, ALKhutaba,M.(2015).Social Phobia among isra University students in Light of some Variables .Journal of psychology and Behaviourales Education,3(2),89-91.
10. Al -Harhasha, S .Ahmood. (2014). Guidanceand guidance (practical guide for mentors and youth workers). 1. Dar alkhalij, Publishing and Distribution, Amman, Jordan.
11. Al-Majdoub, A. (2000). Friendship and Youth, 1, Egyptian Lebanese House
12. Bader, A. (2003). The level of orientation toward the future and its relation to some disorders among university youth. Egyptian Journal of Psychological Studies, Volume 13, (40), 34-82.
13. 4. Basher, Mammary. (2009), Social Anxiety Erotic Attitudes Spread Rates Gender Differences, Journal of the Arab Psychological Network, Algeria, 21. 135-136.
14. Baha Al-Din, T. (1998).Youth fears and needs in current circumstances. Unpublished research, University of Baghdad, Faculty of Education, IbnRushd. Iraq,April 15.
15. Center for Youth Studies and Research.(2006). The reality of young people and their most important needs and trends towards their causes, Syrian Youth Union, Damascus.
16. Department of Statistics. (2018). Statistical Yearbook. Amman
17. Jassim and K.(2009). Psychological security and its relation to the feeling of psychological loneliness among the students of the preparatory stage, Journal of Psychological Sciences.25, 1-26.
18. Hikmat, A .(1988). Baghdad University students' fears. Unpublished MA, Baghdad University, Faculty of Education, IbnRushd, Baghdad.
19. Izgic, F., AKyuz, G.Dogan, o&Kugu,N. (2004).social phobia among university student and its relation to self-esteem and body image. The Canadian journal of psychiatry,49(9),630-634
20. Gerges, M.(1993). Child fears and lack of self-confidence causes prevention and treatment.1, Library of love.
21. Rabee, M. (1991). Children's Fears and their Relationship to the Social Sector,1, Morocco, Dar Al-Ulum.
22. Zahran, Hamid, A, Salam.(2003). Social Psychology 6, World of Books and Printing, Cairo, Egypt.
23. Supreme Council of Youth (2001). Working paper entitled Higher Council for Youth reality and aspirations. Youth and Change Conference, Zarqa Private University, 21-22 / 4/2001.
24. Sheikli, A.(1995). The Concept of Youth Leadership Building Theory and Practice, Youth Education Series, (25). Issued by the Ministryof Youth in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
25. Shakil,Saba.(1995). Building a training program to develop communication skills using the Mini Instructional Guidance. Unpublished PhD thesis, Faculty ofEducation, Mustansiriya University, Baghdad, Iraq.
26. Good. C.T. (1973). D. Cautionary of educational Psychology. New York. American.
27. Good W&Guze. (1979). Psychiatric diagnosis. Oxford Univ. (Press- Oxford).
28. Mansouri, Khalid. (1429 AH). The most common psychological and social problems and some personality traits in a sample of students of the Teachers College, Taif University, unpublished Master Thesis, Faculty of Education, Umm Al Qura University, Saudi Arabia.
29. Pryank, N.(2013). Health,Social Sciences, problems college. Student Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences,14(5);21-34.
30. Wale, al-Obeidi. (2004). Clinical Psychology,1, Dar Al-Thaqafa for Printing and Publishing. Jordan.
31. William, al-Khuli (1976). Encyclopedia of Psychology and Mental Medicine. Cairo: Dar Al Ma'aref.
32. Williams,B&Singh,S.(1999).Urban youth,Fear of a Crime and Tessellating Defensive Action ,Adolescences,29,.11,323-33
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.