Information for Authors
Journal of Social Sciences (COES&RJ-JSS)
ISSN (E): 2305-9249
ISSN (P): 2305-9494
Languages of the Journal
Requirements to the manuscripts
Personal information use and protection
LANGUAGE OF THE JOURNAL
English is the main language of the Journal. Papers in Spanish, French, Hebrew and Arabic are also welcomed.
To prepare and submit the paper for consideration please read DUTIES OF AUTHORS and Requirements to the manuscripts.
For your attention there is a video guidance for writing articles shooted by
Dr. Roy G.C. Damary.
Before sending an article the author should:
- Do one’s best to send an article with good level of English. Well-built articles with a good language usage will increase the possibility to fasten the review process that will let the reviewers and editors concentrate on the articles’ academic value.
- Make sure that the paper is interesting for the academic circle, the newness and applicability are well described; the paper makes contribution to earlier researched results concerning appropriate topic.
- Make findings on the basis of reasoned results of the paper.
- Deem the available literature review.
- Stick to the requirements of the manuscript.
- Choose a journal for paper submission comparing aims and scope of the journal and paper.
- Submit the paper only into one journal.
- Arrange the paper according to the style of a chosen journal.
- Avoid using hyphenation in the text, make figures readable and editable, as well as tables’ style.
- Use bold type, italics, inferior and superior signs where necessary.
- While preparing tables use net, for column balance use tabulation.
- In numeric values use dot instead of commas (in broken numbers).
- Submit the paper together with cover letter form.
Once a submission is made the Accountable Secretary will reply with an electronic message that acknowledges the receipt of the manuscript. This electronic message also indicates the manuscript number assigned. This number should be cited in all future correspondence.
The Editor will inform an author about the expected volume and issue of the journal where the paper could be published. This lets the authors feel comfortable regarding the reporting to their universities and plan their research activity effectively. We do it within three days after the paper submission.
To submit a paper, please send one copy in the form of MS Word file (format .doc or .docx) and completed Cover letter form attached to an e-mail to the Editor of the relevant journal:
By signing Cover letter form the author confirms that paper has not been submitted anywhere else and is not under consideration by any other journal and/or conference committee.
The author is responsible for all materials presented in the manuscript and confirms that any part of it doesn't contain plagiarism in all its forms.
Early desk rejection reasons:
Early desk rejection reasons:
- paper provides limited interest and tackles too local problem;
- paper uses well known methods;
- paper is badly structured and is not stylized according to the requirements (Publishing Process) of the articles;
- the newness of findings and its applicability are not clear, research motivation and literature review are absent, that does not let appreciate the applicability and usefulness of the work;
- article has poor English writing. Poor English style, grammar mistakes, spelling and stylistic usage may prolong the publication process or lead to desk rejection. In practice we hear from Editorial Board poor English does not let see the possible academic value of the article. It leads to editors’ difficulties in finding reviewers for the article, that’s why the submitted articles should be in good English and be sure about it before paper submission. We propose our authors to consider language editor service usage possibilities, that will improve English level and article’s style. There are many translating bureaus, providing authors with editor’s services on competitive prices.
COES&RJ claims all researches submitted to the journals to be original. Authors must provide unique early unpublished paper for a chosen journal.
Authors’ responsibility on plagiarism:
1. Self-plagiarism. Materials of earlier published own author’s researches may be used repeatedly if it leads to different or new findings and conclusions and to comparison with former outcomes. While doing so one needs to refer to early published works. In case some part of work was published earlier one needs to make all necessary links and references and provide all necessary information when submitting.
2. Authors should guarantee they have written totally new work and if they used work or part of work of other authors it should be cited in accordance and shown in the cover letter.
3. Authors should not publish papers describing one and the same research in more than one journal or in preprints (salami publications). Such behavior will be considered as unethical.
4. There always should be paper’s proper acknowledgement by other scientists. .
5. Authors are responsible for materials use allowance search (and payment) by the third side.
6. Authors are considered to be those who made a great contribution into concept, project, holding or interpreting the search. All those who have made considerable contributions must be listed as co-authors. Acknowledgement should be said to those who participated in definite significant aspects of scientific research works, or they may be listed as participants.
7. In case the author finds substantial error or drawback in one’s already published work, one should get in touch with the publisher or editor of the journal and cooperate with the editor correcting the mistake or recalling the paper.
The article, which authors are blamed in plagiarism, will be deleted from the site and all who uploaded it will see the reason of recall.
Test for plagiarism
The cases of suspicion in plagiarism (or double submission) are rarely limited to one journal or publisher. In case of finding such a fact the name of a wrongdoer will become known in scientific circles. To test for plagiarism COES&RJ uses plagiarisma program. The editorial board takes part in the process of testing for plagiarism under double blind review.
Our Journal has an initial acceptance rate of less than 16%.
Type of Review: Double Blind Review
External Reviewers: 15
Internal Reviewers: 4
Time to Review: 3-8 weeks
Reviewer's comments: Yes
Impact Factor: Journal Impact factor based on International Citation Report (ICR).
Journal of Social Sciences (COES&RJ-JSS) has an (impact Factor)
All papers are refereed by the international competent researchers using "double-blind" review which is the best practice in paper reviewing.
To provide “double-blind” review all information about authors of the article will be deleted before sending for review.
Peer review means evaluation of work by several scientists qualified in definite research field and with common scientific interests. Collegial survey methods are used for standard quality support, improved performance and trust assurance. In scientific circles peer review is used for understanding relevance of academic articles for publication.
As a publisher we take all reasonable steps to ensure the quality of the published papers. Editors' decisions to accept or reject a paper for publication are based only on the paper's importance, originality and clarity, and the study's relevance to the remit of the journal. For this reason all papers get through peer review process. All authors may appeal against Editorial decisions by dint response to the referees with authors' arguments and explanations. Editors accept resubmissions only when serious problems in paper are solved and paper is revised according to Referees' suggestions. In case of misconduct, conflicts of interest and plagiarism we follow the procedures stated in the COPE flowchart on complaints.
The reviewers' recommendations determine whether a paper will be accepted as it is, without any alteration / accepted with minor revision / rejected, but encouraged to re-write and re-submit / rejected without further consideration. If the author(s) are required to revise the paper we ask them to send us the revised version along with a separate file named Response to the Reviewers (disclosure of made revisions point by point). All authors can appeal against Editorial decisions by response to the referees with authors' arguments and explanations.
The period of reviewing is short to let authors have a fast feedback and revise their papers according to the reviewer comments. The process of reviewing is reasonable and takes about 1.5 month. In comparison with other journals, we do not impose extra fees on authors for the reviewing.
Article Submition Fee: there is no submition fee
Article Processing Fee: Euro 150 per accepted and approved article
Printed copy of the journals Fee: Euro 25 per copy of the printed journal.
After the paper is typeset, the publisher will furnish the authors of accepted papers with proofs for the correction of printing errors. The proofs must be returned as soon as possible; the issue to which a paper is finally assigned depends in part on the date the corrected proofs are received from the author(s). The publisher is not responsible for the errors which are the result of authors' oversights.
REQUIREMENTS TO THE MANUSCRIPTS
1. Abstract preparation guidelines
1.1. The abstract (200-250 words) should reflect the conceptual content of the article. In the abstract the author should give a brief overview of research importance, describe the subject matter and the aim of research, its methodology as well as highlight the most significant results of research.
1.2. Journal of Economic Literature (JEL) classifications that can be found at http://www.aeaweb.org/jel/jel_class_system.php, and a few key words about the manuscript are necessary.
1.3. Font - Times New Roman; text size - 12 pts, line-spacing - one-and-a-half.
2. The paper main body preparation guidelines
2.1. The paper should present the result of independent original research undertaken by the author; it should contain the data never published before.
2.2. The paper should contain a clear description of research objective and its subject.
2.3. The methodology of research should be described in detail.
2.4. The author personal scientific contribution must be grounded in the paper.
2.5. The paper should contain basic suggestions on how to solve the problem under study.
2.6. American English has been preferred to British English.
3. The structure of the paper
3.1. The title of the paper.
3.2. Below, in the centre of the page the name of the author should be printed. Reference to the author's name should be made at the bottom of the page with the footnote marked by asterisk ("*"). The reference should contain information about the author's degree, position and the place of work as well as contact details (phone number, job or/and personal e-mail).
3.3. Below, the text of the abstract should be printed.
3.4. After the abstract's keywords and JEL classifications should be printed.
3.5. Below the main body of the paper should be placed.
3.6. The main body of the paper should be followed by references.
3.7. References contain the list of literature referred to given in alphabetical order.
3.8. All figures and tables should be printed inside the papers' main body.
4. References in the text
4.1. References in the text are made as follows: (Myers, 2000) / (Myers, 2000; Edwards, 2010) / Barber, Odean and Zhu (2008) investigate...; the former being the name of the author, the latter - edition year.
4.2. Please make active the links to Internet sources, and stick to copyright, defining primary source of information.
4.3. Examples of references:
Alchian, A. and Woodward, S. (1987). Reflections on the Theory of the Firm, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, 143, pp. 110-136.
Berle, A.A. and Means, G.C. (1932). The Modern Corporation and Private Property, New York: Macmillan, 418 ?.
Cremers, K. and Nair, V. (2005). Governance Mechanisms and Equity Prices, Journal of Finance, 60 (6), pp. 2859-2894.
5. Manuscript length
5.1. The paper should not be less than 2000 words and should not exceed 6000 words.
PERSONAL INFORMATION USE AND PROTECTION
Provided personal information:
- contact information, such as name, e-mail address, post address and telephone number; information about education and professional experience;
- name and passwords;
- information about payment, e.g. credit or debit cards numbers;
- comments, reviews and messages you left on our resource;
- your interests and preferences.
Information picked about you automatically:
Our resource picks information about you through our servers, as well as by the workers of our departments.
Publisher may use your personal information to:
- keep up with the copyright;
- find, investigate and prevent secutiry threat, fraud or other malpractice;
- copyright of our users, workers, and others;
- provide you with our resources, give you access to our products and services, fulfill order or transaction, hold researches or transactions;
- unswer your claims, comments or problems;
- provide technical or other support, giving safe and valid work of our resources;
- provide you with individual personalized content and services, making them more useful for your needs and interests;
- improve the work of our resources, provide advertisement companies, work out new products and services;
- define and analyze new trends;
- inform you about all changes and updating of our resources, products and services;
- provide you with special offers, actions, reviews as well as similar information about sponsors and communities, affiliated third sides.
We may share your information with appropriate agents, representatives, mutual establishments and organizations, we are agents or sponsors to. They may be important for us in business matters or according to our legal obligations.
COES&RJ takes all necessary precautionary measures to protect your personal information from thief, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, change and distraction with the help of appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures in providing security.
Publisher: Centre of Excellence for Scientific & Research Journalism,
COES&RJ LLC. Frequency of Issues: Quarterly: 4 times a year Launch Date: September 2012 Article Submission Fee: There is no article submission fee
Article Processing Fee: Yes, Euro150 per accepted article
Printed copy of the journals Fee: Euro25 per copy of the printed
Maximum length of an article: 15-20 pages, including graphs, annotations and references. Extra pages will be charged, seperately @ Euro$7 per page
Institutional Membership -American Sociological Association
-Open Society Foundation
-Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI)
-The Publishers International Linking Association, Inc. (“PILA”), CROSSREF, USA
-Independent Books Publishers Associations (IBPA), USA
-American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR), USA
-Society of American Archivists (SAA), Chicago, USA
-American Sociological Association, USA
-International Association for Social Science Information Services & Technology (IASSIST), USA
-International Sociological Association (ISA), Spain
-European Sociological Association (ESA) Paris, France
Papers published in our journals are permanently archived in -Portico
SSOAR (Social Science Access Repository, DANS, Scilit, NCBI, Index Copernicus, IS Indexing, SPZ, NEP, Issuu, vLex, nereus, J-Gate, Scribd, RePEc, IDEAS, EDIRC, LogEC, MyAIS, OAIster, SciVerse, Socionet, Citeseerx, PressPad, getCITED, Globethics, RSS (Feed), EconPapers, BaikalGlobal, IEEE-Explore, Research Bible, Google Scholar, AcademicKeys, AcademicIndex, Jour Informatics, PublishersGlobal, OCLC-WorldCat, Economists Online, Web of Knowledge, Iqra Research World, Connect Journals-India, Tudományos konferenciák, Harvard Dataverse Network, Citations in Economics (CitEc), Research-ID (Thomson Reuters), EndNote-Basic (Thomson Reuters), Social Sciences Research Network (SSRN), Global Health Studies Thammasat University, New Jour Electronic Journals & Newsletters, DRJI, Directory of Research Journals Indexing.
Page views (file downloads) on participating RePEc services:
Last month: 200 (58)
Previous month: 241 (51)
Last 3 months: 606 (155)
Last year: 2223 (528)
Since start: 5077 (1093) Top
items in the series:
Anthropology, Archaeology, Behavioral science, Business studies, Communication studies, Criminology, Demography, Development studies, Environmental studies, Economics, Education, Geography, History, International studies, Industrial relations, Information science, Journalism, Law, Legal management, Linguistics, Library science, Management, Media studies, Political science, Psychology, Public administration, Sociology, Legal Management, Political economy, Paralegal studies, International studies, Library Science, Information Science.
Editor-in-Chief: Nasir Ali Shamsi
Editor: Dr. Neda Khan
Address: Centre of Excellence for Scientific & Research Journalism
Legal Name: COES&RJ, LLC.
Registered in the Texas, United States
File #: 802039747
Federal Tax ID (EIN)#: 38-3940993
10685-B Hazelhurst Dr.# 16258, Houston, TX- 77043, USA
Copyright @ 2012-2018 centreofexcellence.net All rights reserved.
10685-B Hazelhurst Dr. # 16258, Houston, TX 77043, USA
E-mail: email@example.com Tel: +1-281-407-7509 Fax: +1-281-754-4941